Of an Africa where women and girls are leading change agents at all levels of society with full access to sustainable resources and opportunities
– a world in which women and girls thrive.
Fund and catalyse initiatives that improve and sustain women’s lives.
Urgent Action Fund-Africa makes small grants intended to enable a short-term intervention in the course of a long-term strategy. We respond to most urgent requests within 24 hours. Requests received without endorsement may require additional time.
Urgent Action Fund-Africa is not able to make grants for humanitarian efforts, general programme activities, or individual participation in conferences.
In accordance with the Beijing Platform for Action, Urgent Action Fund-Africa gives priority to promoting and protecting the full and equal enjoyment by women of all human rights and fundamental freedoms without distinction of any kind as to race, language, religion, sexual orientation, political or other opinions, national or social origin.
Urgent Action Fund-Africa makes grants in five categories:
- Defending the defenders
- Protecting women’s individual dignity, safety and autonomy
- Justice and the rule of law
- Economic Justice
- Natural Resource Governance & Climate Change
There are 2 different ways to submit a grant application. Choose only 1 of the following options:
- ONLINE APPLICATION FORM: Fill out the application form online.
- DOWNLOADABLE APPLICATION FORM:Download the application form on the right and send to our office via email, postal address below.
PROPOSALS CAN BE SUBMITTED BY EMAIL OR POST OFFICE BOX AT THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS:
Tel: (+254) 202 301 740
Mobile: (+254) 732 577 560
P.O. Box 53841-00200, Nairobi, KENYA
OUR THEORY OF CHANGE
to do (Mission)
see in the medium term
contribute to (Impacts)